You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 06-20-2012
In June 2011, one year ago, Google debuted their new social network: Google Plus. Over the course of the past year, Google Plus has become THE social network for people that are looking for an alternative to Facebook. Google is currently the most powerful and most used search engine and offers an integrated selection of business tools for users. Based on this fact, it seems natural that Google’s new social network, Google Plus, would also integrate easily into all the other Google products.
With a continuous array of tools being added to their suite of products, Google strives to be, or may already be, your all inclusive source for all things Internet and Internet-related.
In today’s DentalMatrix blog on Marketing in the Matrix, I will be walking you through the steps to set up a Google Plus page for your dental practice. The process might be easier than you think.
1. You need to have an existing Google account. If you are unsure whether you have a Google account or do not have a Google account, setting one up only takes a few moments.
Go to http://www.google.com, Google’s homepage, and click on the “Sign in” button. From here, select “create an account for free.” You will automatically be assigned a Gmail account and this will be your username for all Google products. During the set-up process, you will be asked for a Mobile Phone Number and a Current Email Address. These fields are optional, so you do not need to fill them in to move forward. I do recommend providing a Current Email Address, even if you do not want to provide a Mobile Phone Number.
2. Once you have created your Google account or signed into your existing Google account, go to http://www.google.com/+/business.
You will need to click on “create your Google + page.” Once you do that, you will see a page like this:
3. Because you are creating a Google Plus page, you will need to choose “Local Business or Place” from the 5 options listed.
4. Now you may customize you dental practice’s profile. You should give a good description of your dental practice and upload a photo that will be your Profile Photo. After completing this, click “continue.”
5. This next step is optional. If you would rather wait until your Google Plus profile has the professional photos and your dental practice’s brand information loaded, just hit “Finish.” If your profile is complete, you have the option to share your new business Google Plus page with your followers, friends, or patients. You can create “circles” and add people on an individual basis as well.
You have completed setting up your Google Plus business page for your dental practice. You can now start posting updates and sharing articles, videos and images with your circles.
Note: Google makes changes to their products and tools every day. The above steps are correct at the date of publication of this blog, but are subject to change. And they most likely will change.
If you would like to learn how DentalMatrix can manage your Google Plus and other Social Media pages, call our DentalMatrix team at 800-462-8749.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.
FREE SEO Guide
Simply fill out the form and we will email the SEO Book: 11 Essential Tools to Catapult Your Search Ranking to the email address provided.