If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right. Switch to Accessible Site

WARNING

You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]

Simple Steps To Promote Your Social Media Pages

Simple Steps To Promote Your Social Media Pages

RSS Feed

Posted on 08-29-2012

By:

For many people that are tentative about technology, social media can seem like a mysterious marketing tool. Rather than thinking of it as a technology, think of it as a way of communicating with patients and prospective patients. For example, if one of your dental patients has a good experience at your office, they might tell some friends and you may get some referrals. However, if the patient shares their experience via social media, their message is now carried along through their entire social network, reaching more than just a few people.

Promoting_Social_Media_Dentalmatrix001.jpg

A recent study revealed that “only 15% of consumers said that they had not used the Internet to find a local business,” meaning that the other 85% did use the Internet to find a local business. Both online marketing and social media sites broaden the reach of your dental practice to include prospective patients searching online. Below I have listed several ways that you can promote your dental practice’s social media sites and improve your online presence.

1. Include social media icons on your dental practice’s website. Here is a link for easy instructions on how to add the icons.  Visit http://www.imatrix.com/ to see how these icons will appear on the website. By placing icons on your business website, you are making it easy for patients to find your social media profiles so they can “like” or “follow” them.

2. Add the social media links to your email signature. This way, when you send email correspondence to your patients, they see the social media links and can learn more about your practice.  

3. Email your patients and ask them to engage with your business’ social media profiles. At DentalMatrix, our iCard tool can be used to send emails to your patient base. We even have custom designs to entice patients to engage with your business on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or all of your social networks. If you are not familiar with our iCard system, please call support at 1-800-IMATRIX to see if you can have this added to your existing DentalMatrix site.

4. Showcase your social media profiles in your office as patients respond well to visual reminders. For instance, add your social media pages on your reminder cards or display a poster with the social sites listed on it. Give patients a good reason to follow you on social media, such as “Like us on Facebook to discover more about your dental health.”

5. Use your business social media to engage with patients by posting local events and seasonal greetings. Creating contests on Facebook work really well for engaging patients and do not need to cost any money. The contest could be to share photos of a great smile makeover and then choose one as the winner.

When you promote the social media pages for your dental practice, you get access to a larger prospective patient base and interact more with existing patients. If you have questions about social media, and aren’t sure where to start, call us at 1-800-IMATRIX (1-800-462-8749). Our Internet Consultants are ready to discuss our Social Media Service.



There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.

Post Comment

FREE SEO Guide

FREE SEO Guide

New SEO User Guide. A $295 Value. Yours FREE!

Simply fill out the form and we will email the SEO Book: 11 Essential Tools to Catapult Your Search Ranking to the email address provided.